Now your Smith & Wesson M&P15-22 handguard can match the look and feel of your existing AR platform. Using this threaded adapter, you can convert your “non-removable” handguard to any standard threaded AR-style handguard.
This adapter requires no modification of your upper. If you are going to use a free-float handguard with an anti-rotation tab, use the Tacticool22 Free-Float Handguard Converter (Mod Required) instead (part number HGC1A-1522).
Features and Benefits
- Use any free-float handguard that will screw onto an AR-15 pattern rifle; the same 1.25-18 outside thread as any AR-15 upper.
- Requires no modification of your upper.
- Highly-engineered to fit perfectly on your Smith & Wesson M&P15-22.
- Has the added benefit of being a heat-sink by pulling the damaging heat away from the chamber and feed throat area into your aluminum handguard, thereby maximizing consistency.
- Made from 6061 T6 billet aluminum.
- Mil-Spec black hard-coat anodized finish for years of trouble-free service.
- Simple, step-by-step instructions are included.
- Designed, developed, and manufactured in the USA.
- This is the adapter only, not the flash hider, handguard or AR Delta ring if you are going for the two piece handguard.
- To remove the factory barrel nut, you will also need the Tacticool22 M&P15-22 Barrel Nut Wrench.
- To install the new barrel nut, you will also need the Tacticool22 M&P15-22 Free-Float Handguard Converter Wrench.