The proprietary barrel nut included with this S&W M&P15-22 free float handguard fits ONLY the following Smith & Wesson M&P15-22 models:
- S&W M&P15-22 Gen 1
- S&W M&P15-22 Gen 2
- S&W M&P15-22 Sport
- Performance Center S&W M&P15-22 Sport
- S&W M&P15-22 Pistol
This barrel nut is compatible with most AR-15 armorer’s wrenches, or a standard 1-1/4 open end wrench.
S&W M&P15-22 Free Float Handguard Features
- Ultra-lightweight, heavy-duty, T6 aluminum body.
- Anti-rotation built into the handguard.
- M-LOK modular locking accessory mounting system.
- Top Picatinny rail at the front and rear of the handguard.
- Barrel nut included.
- Handguard slides over barrel nut and is secured against the receiver using 3 screws and a special keeper.
- Tumble de-burred, bead blasted, acid etched, and then finished with MIL-SPEC hard coat anodizing.
- Length: 12.5″
- Internal Diameter: 1.36″
- Total Weight: 10.8 oz
- Tacticool22 Barrel Vise Jaws
- Tacticool22 S&W M&P15-22 Barrel Nut Wrench
- AR-15 armorer’s wrench
- 5/32 hex wrench
Tools for the new barrel nut
- 1-1/4″ open end wrench
- Adjustable jaw wrench (AKA Crescent)
James Lestina (verified owner) –
I just installed this handguard on my 15-22 sport and it was so easy to do, first the original plastic handguard was too short (10 inches) and if you train with your 22 rifle like I do for 3 gun competition try to match the trainer setup as closely as possible to your other rifles. Every time I would mount the 15-22 it felt unnatural and compressed now with this nice new handguard I can reach out my support arm and get the perfect mount. The quality of the handguard is flawless and fits perfect with the upper receiver no gaps ,snug fit, free float, and lightweight design. This is a well thought out upgrade and puts a nice finish to a good little rifle.