Get a single handguard conversion kit that has everything you need to install a free-float handguard on your Smith & Wesson M&P 15-22. This allows you to convert your factory “non-removable” handguard to any standard threaded AR-style handguard.
Note: This version of the kit requires permanent modification of your upper. We also offer a version that requires no modification of your upper.
Included in this kit:
- Professional Barrel Nut Wrench – Quickly and easily remove the factory barrel nut.
- Barrel Vise Jaws – Perform the necessary modifications without scratching or marring your barrel or upper. These will also work on most any other gun you own.
- Handguard Converter Nut – Takes the place of your factory barrel nut and has the threads for your new free-float handguard.
- Handguard Converter Wrench – A special spanner wrench to tighten the converter nut.
Not included in this kit:
- Free-float handguard.
- Gas block (pictured, but NOT included)
Features and Benefits
- Use any free-float handguard that will screw onto an AR-15 pattern rifle; the same 1.25-18 outside thread as any AR-15 upper.
- Designed to work with the Smith & Wesson M&P15-22.
- Simple, step-by-step instructions are included.
- Lifetime guarantee.
- Designed, developed, and manufactured in the USA.
Barrel Nut Wrench
- Lugs are designed to fit snuggly, with minimum movement, to keep the nut from getting damaged.
- Inside of the wrench will fit over most standard A1 and A2 flash hiders, as well as Yankee Hill and others.
- Outside of the wrench fits nicely inside the stock handguard.
- Two wrench flats for a 15/16 open end wrench or crows foot wrench, if you want to use a torque wrench.
- Fits over most standard diameter muzzle devices, such as the A2 birdcage, but the barrel nut and handguard end cap will not. Removal of the muzzle device is necessary to remove the barrel nut and barrel.
Barrel Vise Jaws
- Made from 6061 T6 Aluminum Billet. Non-anodized aluminum is used because you will get a better grip on the barrel and not mar the finish.
- These are machined for just about any diameter barrel. They drop into your vise (5 inch length of the jaws minimum) for clamping, are very easy to use, and grip the barrel so you can install muzzle brakes, clean the bore and chamber, or perform other maintenance.
- These are not “V” blocks, they are “U” blocks. They are machined for a 3/4″ / 19mm diameter barrel. A smaller barrel will be gripped on “flats” of the larger radius. A larger barrel will be gripped by the edges of the radii. Just clamp down with your vise and the barrel won’t spin.
- Forget those welded, screw together clamps; use these instead. You can clamp the action on the flats and the barrel in the groove. No wood blocks or split bushings, spacer or sleeves. Get the full clamping power from a vise, not just two screws.
Handguard Converter Nut
- This version requires permanent modification of your upper. The bottom handguard alignment tab needs to be removed and the top handguard alignment tab needs to almost completely removed.
- The back of the free-float handguard or delta ring barrel nut will almost touch the bottom portion and be .1 inch or 2.5mm away from the top part.
- Highly-engineered to fit perfectly on your Smith & Wesson M&P15-22.
- Has the added benefit of being a heat-sink by pulling the damaging heat away from the chamber and feed throat area into your aluminum handguard, thereby maximizing consistency.
- Made from 6061 T6 billet aluminum.
- MIL-SPEC, Type III hardcoat anodized finish for years of trouble-free service.
Handguard Converter Wrench
- Made in the USA by the premiere manufacturer of steel wrenches. This is a must-have to complete your conversion with no hassles.
There are no reviews yet.