This combo Vise Jaws and Barrel Nut Wrench for your Smith & Wesson M&P15-22 enables you to install muzzle brakes, clean the bore and chamber, and perform other maintenance on your firearm.
- Barrel Nut Wrench
- The lugs are designed to fit snuggly, with minimum movement, to keep the nut from getting damaged.
- The inside of the wrench will fit over most standard A1 and A2 flash hiders, as well as Yankee Hill and others.
- The outside of the wrench fits nicely inside the stock handguard.
- There are two wrench flats for a 15/16 open end wrench or crows foot wrench, if you want to use a torque wrench.
- This is the Professional/Gunsmith version of the barrel nut wrench for the Smith & Wesson M&P 15-22. You will get many years of trouble-free use from this barrel nut wrench.
- This wrench will fit over most standard diameter muzzle devices, such as the A2 birdcage, but the barrel nut and handguard end cap will not. Therefore, you have to remove the muzzle device to remove the barrel nut and barrel.
- Barrel Nut Wrench
- Barrel Vise Jaws
- Made from 6061 T6 Aluminum Billet. Non-anodized aluminum is used because you will get a better grip on the barrel and not mar the finish.
- These are machined for just about any diameter barrel. They drop into your vise (5 inch length of the jaws minimum) for clamping, are very easy to use, and grip the barrel so you can install muzzle brakes, clean the bore and chamber, or perform other work that you don’t have a third arm and vise hand for.
- These are not “V” blocks, they are “U” blocks. They are machined for a 3/4″ / 19mm diameter barrel. A smaller barrel will be gripped on “flats” of the larger radius. A larger barrel will be gripped by the edges of the radii. Just clamp down with your vise and the barrel won’t spin.
- Forget those welded, screw together clamps; use these instead. You can clamp the action on the flats and the barrel in the groove. No wood blocks or split bushings, spacer, or sleeves here. Get the full clamping power from a vise, not two screws.
Features and Benefits
- Designed to work with the Smith & Wesson M&P15-22.
- Simple, step-by-step instructions are included.
- Lifetime guarantee.
- Designed, developed, and manufactured in the USA.
The barrel nut and handguard end cap will not fit over a standard A2 birdcage. You have to remove the flash hider to remove the barrel nut and barrel. If you have removed the factory handguard end cap, you don’t need to remove the flash hider to tighten the barrel nut.