Now your Smith & Wesson M&P15-22 handguard can match the look and feel of your existing AR platform. This threaded adapter converts your “non-removable” handguard to any standard threaded AR-style handguard, freeing you from “quad rail jail”. Included in this combo package is a handguard converter wrench — a special spanner wrench to tighten the converter nut — so that you can complete your conversion with no hassles.
This version requires permanant modification of your upper. The bottom handguard alignment tab needs to be removed and the top handguard alignment tab needs to almost completely removed. If you do not want to permanantly modify your upper, use the Tacticool22 Free-Float Handguard Converter (part number HGC-1) instead.
Features and Benefits
- Use any free-float handguard that will screw onto an AR-15 pattern rifle; the same 1.25-18 outside thread as any AR-15 upper.
- The back of the free-float handguard or delta ring barrel nut will almost touch the bottom portion and be .1 inch or 2.5mm away from the top part.
- Highly-engineered to fit perfectly on your Smith & Wesson M&P15-22.
- Has the added benefit of being a heat-sink by pulling the damaging heat away from the chamber and feed throat area into your aluminum handguard, thereby maximizing consistency.
- Adapter is made from 6061 T6 billet aluminum.
- Adapter is Mil-Spec, Type III hard coat anodized finish for years of trouble-free service.
- Wrench is made from drop-forged steel.
- Simple, step-by-step instructions are included.
- Designed, developed, and manufactured in the USA.
- This is the adapter and wrench only, not the flash hider, handguard or AR Delta ring if you are going for the two piece handguard.
- To remove the factory barrel nut, you will also need the Tacticool22 M&P15-22 Barrel Nut Wrench. Part number TC22-BNW-2A.